• Three(3) Letters of Recommendation
with the applicants’ name and social security number listed; (letters from principals, teachers, ministers, mentors, or school counselors).
• 250 Word Typed (double space) Essay:
- Reasons why you should be selected for the BPCCA Scholarship.
- Express career goals and why furthering your education is important.
- Expressways you plan to give back to the community and how you plan to make a difference.
• Official High School Transcript
showing academic average and grading scale through four years of high school, class size and official ranking of the applicant, and proof of either SAT or ACT scores.
Applicant Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a public or private institution, an applicant must attend an accredited four-year college or university. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state of Texas.
The scholarship application must be completed, accompanied by all criteria listed above, and returned on or before the due date or application will not be processed. All information will be verified by the BPCCA scholarship committee and kept strictly confidential.
Scholarship Award: If awarded a BPCCA Scholarship; the recipient is responsible for providing the BPCCA organization proof of registration and complete mailing information of the college or university he/she will attend. This information should be sent immediately when obtained. If selected, it is mandatory the scholarship recipient attend both BPCCA College Prep Forum and BPCCA Awards Gala.